The intern is responsible for recording all Angel Shark sightings in the Franja Marina de Mogán Marine Reserve. Additionally they are responsible for managing a database of all data collected on all dives within the marine reserve. The project is run in collaboration with the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and The Angel Shark Project.
The intern will also be responsible for educational outreach in the schools on the island in both english and spanish.
The intern will receive full PADI Divemaster tuition during the duration of the program.
This position is non salaried, and the intern will be expected to cover their own expenses during their stay on the island.
The ideal candidates will have the following:
- Hold a PADI Rescue Diver level of certification or equivalent from another training organization
- Have a minimum of a BSc or MSc in Marine Biology
- Have a minimum of 40 dives
- Have a B1 level of Spanish or equivalent
- Have medical clearance to dive
- Be able to commit to a minimum of 8 weeks for the program
For more information please contact us directly at email@example.com or to submit your application to the program please email your CV before October 1st 2019.